Friday, May 1, 2009

We love our gremlin

I decided to blog because a couple of people asked if I had one and got excited that they thought that my life was exciting and interesting enough for me to blog. I really don't do much that is exciting. I change diapers, feed Benjamin, chase him, bake, cook, and clean. I am attempting to learn how to crochet, but I've never been crafty, and doing the same thing over and over and over and over again is not that exciting to me.

Christopher has been at his new job now for a week and half and is loving it. He's still learning the ins and outs of it all, but he is doing great and enjoying it. Surprisingly, he has had more time at home than he did before, which a nice bonus! He can help me out a lot more with the gremlin.

We love our gremlin. Some of you know him by the name of Benjamin. Around here though, he is the gremlin. Why, you may ask, he seems so sweet and happy. He is a happy child, most of the time, but let me tell you, he has a temper. He lets his feelings be known. He has a distinct roar/growl that is the signal that the gremlin has been unleashed, and the only way to tame it is to give it exactly what it wants, or wear it out till it falls asleep. Then we will have our sweet and happy Benjamin. He is an exremely busy baby. He is almost 8 months old and has been crawling for 3 1/2 months. He started pulling himself up at 6 months and walking along the furniture at 7. He is now starting to let go and stand for a few seconds at a time. He gets into everything. He has managed to open the fridge and empty out the vegetable drawer. He knows what the wii controllers do and turns into the gremlin when they won't work for him. He has smashed his finger in the DVD player, and didn't care. He unplugs the modem and router at least twice a week. He opens things, knocks things over, pulls things down, you name it, he does it.

3 comments:

  1. lol..that sounds like my kid..not kidding..she's one pistol too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear that it's not just my child that makes this crazy sound. We are just getting in to the "crying cause I can't have things" stage. At least mine isn't crawling or walking yet. I count my blessings on that one.

    ReplyDelete